Dart Careers offer a high quality, competitively priced bespoke package of independent and impartial careers advice and guidance, tailored to the specific requirements and needs of your organisation.
Schools have now been made responsible by the government for securing access to independent and impartial careers guidance for their students.
Ofsted recommends schools use professionally trained independent Careers Advisers to provide their Careers Guidance.
Dart Careers are a local organisation providing this service. We work with students of all ages, providing them with relevant, up to date and accessible careers information, advice and guidance.
See below for more information on the different careers activities we can provide.
Why Dart Careers?
As young people at school are intricately linked to the establishment where they are studying, working in partnership is vitally important and building successful working relationships with schools is a key element of the work of Dart Careers.
Adaptability and flexibility are the other key aspects, along with keeping unnecessary bureaucracy to a minimum. This means, unlike some of the larger providers, who may have a ‘one-size-fits-all’ system, Dart Careers can work in a way that will suit your particular school and your students most effectively.
Dart Careers are currently working successfully with several schools based in Devon.
Jackie Ellis from Dart Careers is a fully qualified, registered Careers Guidance Professional, with over 20 years experience as a Careers Adviser
Find out more about Jackie's Qualifications | Areas of Expertise | Experience | Personal Qualities
We provide a range of careers related activities for students, individually and in groups as well as attendance at events and support for school staff:
- Careers Guidance Interviews for years 8 to 14
- Psychometric testing, including Morrisby and MAPS
- Career interest guides
- Class talks, workshops and assemblies
- Career mentoring for students – specific support for students who would benefit from regular contact
- Provision of advice at parents’ evenings and other events
- Support for careers staff and all school staff on careers related matters
- Advice and support on careers education and careers information in schools
- Support for schools work experience programmes
- Support for events such as enterprise days and employer activities
- Tutor training sessions
careers related Topics
We can cover a very wide range of careers related topics, from post 16 options to study abroad to raising aspirations for under achieving pupils:
- Options for years 9, 11 and 12/13
- Routes into and information about different career areas
- Higher Education routes and options
- Alternatives to Higher Education
- Higher Education decision making
- Assistance with personal statement writing
- Student finance
- Study and work abroad
- C.V’s, job interviews and coaching in general job seeking skills
- Intensive job search skills
- Promoting work experience and recognizing its importance
- Raising aspirations for under achieving pupils
We offer very competitive daily and hourly rates. Dart Careers are happy to provide one off events or more regular weekly or monthly careers support. We can be very flexible to fit in with your requirements.
Please get in contact to find out more or to have a no-obligation discussion.