Dart Careers was established by myself, Jackie Ellis, as I passionately believe that good Careers Advice and Guidance, provided by a professionally trained and experienced Careers Adviser, can be hugely beneficial to people of all ages.
I am based in South Devon, where I have lived for 18 years and I enjoy making the most of everything this area has to offer and being part of the local community.
I have been a Careers Adviser for 23 years and have provided Careers Guidance in a range of different schools and educational establishments, as well as with individuals of all ages.
The approach I use in Careers Interviews, CV support and Psychometric Testing is to see each person as a unique individual and to work with them in an encouraging and non-judgmental way.
I make a difference to my clients by helping them to pursue their goals and to work towards achieving their potential, with an increased confidence in their own abilities.
- Fully qualified Careers Adviser holding the Diploma in Careers guidance parts 1 and 2, from Reading University
- BA (hons) Humanities Degree from Oxford Brookes University
- Member of the Career Development Institute (CDI) - the governing body for careers professionals
- On the CDI UK register of Career Professionals, which is equivalent to Chartered Status
- Regular safeguarding courses undertaken
- Full DBS checks in place
- Fully trained to deliver Morrisby, the extremely useful psychometric testing and career profiling assessment
- Trained in MAPS, a very useful personality style indicator assessment
- Trained in Solution Focused Communication
Areas of Expertise
- Thorough and comprehensive careers guidance interviews for all ages
- Extensive knowledge of educational and employment opportunities and the different types of career routes and paths available for all ages
- Provision of comprehensive support with CV writing and applications for employment
- Very knowledgeable about Higher Education routes and the different qualifications available and able to provide in-depth guidance and support with Higher Education related decision making.
- Extensive knowledge of the alternative non-university routes for A level students.
- Able to deliver the Morrisby psychometric test to individuals and groups and feedback the results
- Extensive experience of working with post-16 students and advising them on Higher Education options
- Worked in a range of different mainstream educational establishments
- Worked in both a school for students with physical and learning disabilities and a school for students with emotional and behavioural issues
- Very experienced in working with and supporting parents of young people
- Experience and knowledge of students who are being home educated or educated out of the mainstream school system
- Considerable experience of working with young people seeking apprenticeships and work
- Experienced in working with people of all ages, including those looking at a change of career
- Friendly, approachable and able to relate to people and engage with them in a very positive and empathetic way
- Flexible and versatile working methods to fit in with individual circumstances
- Ability to ‘think outside the box’ and come up with creative solutions to problems and dilemmas
- Ability to enthuse and motivate
- A broad understanding and enhanced awareness of the issues affecting young people and career changers today